Tuesday, March 22, 2005

Mmmm... Unexplained Bacon

I'm thinking weekly updates are a reasonable goal. I don't want to wear out my welcome. Even though I haven't yet told anybody that this thing exists. But that's totally at the top of my to-do list, as soon as I revamp my website this week.
I notice I've already fallen into the formula I predicted. Ordinarily I'd run with it, but "A thing on the internet and another thing that you can buy" is a pretty sucky theme for a blog. So here's me departing from that pattern with Food Science Day.

First,
an article on Molecular Gastronomy, which is teaching us things like the fact that salmon tastes yummy when poached in licorice. Licorice salmon is enough to make a luddite out of me, but I'm definitely intrigued by the bacon and egg ice cream.
Here's another peson who does weird artsy things with food...edible menus and laser beams and whatnot.
Next is an article about the rise of Grey Poupon, and why a similar phenomenon hasn't happened with ketchup.
And lastly, all this food talk prompted
Jann to direct me to this journal, which I've recently discovered that UCSD provides online access to. Hooray for that.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home