Wednesday, March 14, 2007

The other is a vegetable

I don't understand this. However, I love Croconion-kun. "Mua-ha-ha-ha-ha"
(parts 2 through 5, I'm assuming, are more of the same)

So, the nice thing about having a subscription to Audible.com is that you can continually pick up new and exciting audiobooks as they are released, and frequently also get deals for staying or returning to the service, like the free Gen1 ipod shuffle I've been using since my mini died, and have only just now replaced with a nano (joking speculation about the imminent "ipod femto" will be accepted with a gracious, if slightly deprecating, smile).
Anyways, the downside to having a subscription is that my Audible library, much like my visible library, is growing faster than I can read it. With luck, this will be corrected in the near future; more highly structured downtime, e.g. the walk to work, means more time that I can spend listening to things. Consequently, I've been looking through my collection to see what I've missed, or might otherwise be particularly into. It's interesting to have a backwards chronological list of my reading interests; for instance, my whims have fluctuated from mass market science fiction, to newyorkeresque commentaries, to lots of things that I really felt like I should read. The Art of War, for example. Who actually wants to read The Art of War? It's brilliant, I'm sure, and will help one's paintball game immensely, but if I didn't have some visceral sense of its Significance, I wouldn't couldn't care less. Wow, that's just a terrible locution there. I suppose one nice thing about Romance languages is that they're immune to such Sam-I-Amisms.
Ah well, I've got 4 gigs of space. I'll toss ol' Sun Tzu on there in case I get bored with my other jury-deontic diversions tomorrow. Speaking of which, I should go to bed. See you later; I'll let you know if I get assigned to a case.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home