Friday, December 15, 2006

Any trick in the book now, baby, all that I can find

Not much is happening right now. I just applied for a bunch of university jobs, and they have a web-based application tracking system that I've been refreshing every 20 seconds or so, so that's been keeping me pretty busy. Also, I'm pretty pleased with myself for having solved my fruit fly problem. By "problem" I mean there has been a fruit fly in my room. This morning he brought a friend. They're attracted to my whiskey, unexpectedly enough. They spend a fair amount of their time trying to figure out how to unscrew the cap, taking frequent breaks from this to stand on my mirror, and I've been pretty reluctant to smash them. So today I caught them during their morning break and nailed them both with Windex. So not only do I not have fruit flies, but now my mirror is nice and clean.

This little vignette should give you some sense of the current level of excitement in my life. Oh, also I stumbled upon an album that I'm finding pretty entertaining. It has a "Sunshine Superman" cover by Mel Torme, "Quinn the Eskimo" by Julie London, and "Daydream Believer" by someone called "Lord Sitar," whose name is, I think, self-explanatory.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home