Tuesday, December 05, 2006

Where streams of whiskey are flowing

IRISH WHISKEY UPDATE:
I have recently tried this stuff. I like it. A little milder and sweeter than Tullamore Dew, if not quite as smooth, but the best part is its very complex finish.

Man, check out the wikipedia article on Darkwing Duck (NB Section 7, "'Let's get dangerous' in other languages")
Speaking of TV nostalgia, I am roughly two days away from obtaining a complete copy of "VR.5," a show that I was mildly obsessed with for the like four weeks it aired back in 1995. I am reasonably certain that watching it now will utterly fail to recreate my youthful enjoyment of this show. Such is the problem of diachronic anhedonia, or, as I sometimes call it, "the Funyuns problem"

7 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Man, for me that is "the Thundercats problem." Not quite the same ring to it, though. Expect whiskey-themed phone calls from me in the next week or so ...

Tue Dec 05, 11:13:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

jeez louise, VR5 is n's favorite show ever.

also CLONTARF, what kind of a name is that? It sounds like some sort of klingon astro-turf. Like hey dude, watch where you bring your batlef jousting, I paid of ten ferengis for this quality CLONTARF, you jackasses.

ps: this all reminds me that I still haven't seen eloisa dressed up as darkwing duck. tragic.

Wed Dec 06, 12:57:00 PM  
Blogger Evan said...

hmm, funny coincidence

also, Adam, just to alleviate potential confusion when you call, I should let you know in advance that I will probably be referring to the whiskey as "qalon tarvetlh"

(which, according to the Internet, means something like "I that poison abandon you")

Wed Dec 06, 05:52:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

ps: n was wondering if you were interested in having an awkward vr.5 watching party.

on further consideration, he's adding that "it doesn't even have to be awkward."

I am not opposed to your bringing the CLONTARF BATLEF WHISKEY though.

Fri Dec 08, 01:08:00 AM  
Blogger Evan said...

Sounds like fun. My schedule is flexible.

Fri Dec 08, 09:02:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

how about tomorrow or during the next weekend or maybe after the holidays?

Fri Dec 08, 09:25:00 PM  
Blogger Evan said...

Tomorrow might be a little tricky.
I think I have a party on the 16th, but should otherwise be free for most of next weekend. There are a few birthdays happening in there though, so I'll check.
I guess I lied about being flexible. (Other weekends are totally doable though)

Fri Dec 08, 09:37:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home