Friday, April 27, 2007

and that's just what they'll do

First, some websites. Thanks to ASK for the first (Matt, if you're uh back in Berlin soon, there is a place you should stay at; I recommend rooms #2 and 23 ), and to Neal for the second (run-of-the-mill old-timey futurology stuff, but I enjoyed reading some of them).

Oh, I had another of those "unique experience" dreams again. I was around a guy I used to know; he was acting artificially chummy, and I was feeling uncomfortable. But it was a very distinctive sort of interpersonal discomfort, one that I specifically associate with this totally random guy whom I haven't thought about in the last seven years or so. Speaking of which, I've discovered a new sensory association I have: Purell Hand Sanitizer smells like Super Mario 2 to me. Go figure.

Also, I've noticed that where I work, things are pretty different than they were in grad school, so I'm compiling a list of Observations From the Real World (Or as Close an Approximation as the LJ Professional Center Provides):
1) Lots of people wear fragrance in the real world. This is fine, as I kind of like it. I would wear the stuff myself, but I don't want my subjects smelling me instead of the stimulus.
2) Women wear high heels in the real world. Meanwhile, I find myself wishing that my already-comfortable shoes were even more comfortable.
oh yeah,
3) There are women in the real world.

...more to come

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home