Monday, March 09, 2009

Follow my lead, oh how I need Someone to watch over me

Hey, I just discovered that the art for Kudos 2 was done by Jamie McKelvie of Phonogram, so that's pretty neat.

So, Watchmen was pretty good. It could have used slightly less action, I suppose, especially slow motion action, but it sort of goes with the territory. It makes sense for to present Nite Owl's fight scenes using gimmicky action movie effects for the same reason that it makes sense for him to wear that sort of costume. Less forgivable is the fact that he can punch walls and limbs hard enough that they explode.
Actually, I think I'll just follow Drew's example and direct you to to the AV Club's Book vs Film which nicely presents some of the movie's shortcomings and gives a rundown of some of the differences from the original.
But on the whole, I enjoyed it, I really enjoyed some parts of it ("The Times They Are A-Changin'," oh man), and I'll likely want to watch it more than once to catch all the details and references and easter eggs, and am only a little bit deterred from this by the fact that it's slightly shorter than, say, Lawrence of Arabia, as well as my own general disinclination to see dudes' arms getting sawed off.

2 Comments:

Blogger Matthew J. Brown said...

In "Weirdest Choice" News, McKelvie is also the new artist for Cable (yeah, that guy).

We should see Watchmen on IMAX next time. Giant, HD arm-sawing woo!

Tue Mar 10, 07:46:00 AM  
Blogger Evan said...

Bwaah?

Tue Mar 10, 11:16:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home