Monday, July 24, 2006

Does whatever a spider can

So, lots of stuff happened over the last five days. As is my way, I'll forego any sort of coherent summary in favor of bombarding you with tangential comments of little interest. If it helps, you can think of them as vignettes...mostly about comic books.

- Mariah's wedding was really nice. Brief, but touching, and occupying a nice intermediate point between formal and low-key. Also there is some seriously good food in Palo Alto. And I had a Mai Tai at the Trader Vic's.

- When I made it to the post office today to pick up my Achewood books, it was just before 5 and someone else was ahead of me. I do not even know how long it was since I'd last heard anyone making what I would describe as "whoops of joy." Nor do I have any idea what was in that guy's mail, but it must've been good.

- J. Michael Straczynski is up to a whole bunch of things these days. In addition to some movie deal and work on Amazing Spider-Man, Warner Bros has just greenlighted (greenlit?) a Babylon 5 "Lost Stories" project, in which he picks up some of his unexplored plot lines with some of the characters. And I guess Cafepress is publishing all the old scripts, which is kind of weird, but good news for print-on-demand as an industry. Also there are talks of some sort of game that he couldn't say anything about, but I have a sneaking suspicion/hope/fear that it may be in the MMORPG genre.

- Speaking of games, there was a Telltale Games panel, which is a company made up of LucasArts émigrés whose current project is the next Sam and Max game. Also a Tick panel, since the Tick is coming out on DVD

- So it turns out that a slice of muenster thrown in as an afterthought is the trick to making crappy boxed macaroni and cheese seem significantly more palatable.

...Actually this is pretty boring. I'll try again later when I'm in a more entertaining mood.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home