Monday, June 12, 2006

For so long it's not true

Hey there. Sorry for the delay, but things have been crazy. They're almost over, for now at least.

I survived my practice prospectus defense today, insofar as it did not physically cause my death. However, the general sense is that there is a lot more work to be done in certain key areas. So it looks like I have my work cut out for me this summer. I'm almost relieved that I'll be unemployed.
Oh and don't get me started on the housing situation. Hopefully this will work itself out in the next day or so.

Right now, however, I will not be thinking about any of these things. I will be reading, sleeping, taking in fine televised narratives, possibly talking to people, and lazily drinking this "corn 'n oil" drink that I finally decided to try my hand at (I'm never sure where to put the apostrophe. Am I omitting the a, or the d?). And it is pretty dang tasty. It is sweet in a full-bodied molassesy way, but also spicy and clovey and really complex and delicious. Not the sort of thing I can see making regularly, but really nice when one is looking for something to shake up one's palate a bit.

1 Comments:

Blogger Matthew J. Brown said...

I gotta try this corn-n-oil. When are you gonna bring some over?

Mon Jun 12, 08:45:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home