Monday, April 10, 2006

'cause I just can't seem to drink you off my mind

So, thanks to Adam and Amanda for participating in the thing from my last post, and scowly faces to the rest of you for not.

Here is something from the aptly-named Damn Interesting on phytoremediation, in which one uses plants to fix environmental problems, for instance, genetically modified sunflowers that clean up strontium- and cesium- contaminated pools in Chernobyl (Another, somewhat creepier, article is about the subterranean coal fires in Centralia, PA).

And speaking of toxins, here is a site with really good cocktail information. I was especially drawn to the list of ingredients, which includes many that are decidedly obscure or unavailable, and to the "mixilator", which I promise is the last thing I'll say on the subject of randomness and cocktails for a really long time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home