Sunday, March 19, 2006

You made me a shadowboxer, baby

My laptop monitor, after five years of faithful service, is beginning to go a bit fuzzy and pink. While I laud its newfound femininity, I am also considering how to replace it if and when it finally fails.
I confess, I am considering getting an overpriced hunk of flimsy white plastic as its successor. I'll still have my home computer, and in principle, will only be needing the laptop for word processing and Internet, so I am thinking that I might be willing to sacrifice some of the functionality of a real computer for whatever modest benefits those damn things allegedly offer.
Blech. Actually, maybe I just talked myself out of it again. We'll see.

On a happier note, they are finally reprinting Die Macher, the exciting board game of German politics! I repeat, exciting! Really! Stop looking at me like that!
No really, I hear this is pretty good, and I think I'm gonna pre-order a copy. Downside is, I also hear it's long and insanely complicated, and so I don't know whether I'll actually get to play it with anyone.
C'est la vie. Maybe people would be up for some Clone Wars Risk instead?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home