Saturday, March 04, 2006

Furry sobbing monsters feeling sad

Though everybody has politely refrained from pointing this out, I have myself just now noticed that several of my recent posts have been blisteringly dull.
Sorry about that. No more discussions of legislative process, I promise.

Let's see what I can come up with instead. I am pretty captivated by this here video (thanks to pinguino for the link). Steve Jackson's obsession with legos has brought the following contraptions to my attention: the Lego Difference Engine and Lego Pinball Machine.
And oh. I'd forgotten to tell you about Toom's Very Small Monsters. It's still pretty new, but I am enjoying it so far, and look forward to future developments on the very small and monstrous fronts.

Lastly, I've had this sudden urge to get into some Batman. Any recommendations? Slogging through Amazon has revealed these (1, 2, 3, 4), but I admit that this is an area about which I know embarrassingly little.

1 Comments:

Blogger Matthew J. Brown said...

You can't go wrong with the Frank Miller stuff. I'd add "Batman Year One" to "The Dark Knight Returns." Also, "The Dark Knight Strikes Back" is supposed to be good but quite different from the other two. You can go wrong with "Knightfall," so don't do it unless you become hardcore or have it as part of your childhood. I've heard good things about most of the rest of that list. Also, I recommend you ask Amanda.

Also, let me know what you get because I'm gonna want to borrow it. ;)

Sat Mar 04, 10:36:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home