Sunday, January 29, 2006

The first time I got into your car

My car is due for a checkup. Though, come to think of it, so are my eyes and teeth. Any suggestions?

Several days ago I was thinking that Monday/Thursday was a nice sort of posting groove to be getting into, and, just like that, I totally flaked. Huh. Or more precisely, I had a lot going on which momentarily took precedence. Which leads me to my Thought for the Day: "The human mind is a remarkably plastic thing."

Okay, maybe I should back up a bit.

For the last couple weeks, I have been really busy. As those of you who have had the misfortune of hearing my bitch about this will already be aware, I have so many little things going on at any given time that I have had to seriously restructure my daily routine. So the crazy thing is how incredibly differently one's brain acts when immersed (even for a short time) in an unfamiliar environment. Aside from the auditory hallucinations and weird reactions to caffeine, I'm suddenly walking differently, eating differently...today I became positively giddy at the drug store's stationery selection.
And these new habits and tendencies feel as natural and familiar as the old ones had; if I didn't remember doing otherwise, I'd assume that I had always been that way.

It's quite a blow to one's sense of identity. I recommend it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home