Thursday, January 19, 2006

But I still haven't found what I'm looking for

(double entry follows! exclamation!)

I'm skipping out on a Regents' meeting this morning because it doesn't look like there's much point in my going. This has given a few much-needed hours of free time, some of which I've already sybaritically devoted to sleep. After this, I'll go do a lesson plan, but I figure I have a few minutes to spare here as well.

Oof.

Moving on,
If you thought that whole Google maps satellite thing was pretty impressive (and it has made driving a lot easier to see in advance what the streets and turns and offramps actually look like), then A9's street-level views will be, like, yikes. Obviously, they're only available for limited areas, but you can totally see storefronts and uh, well, cars and people and such. Privacy enthusiasts are not entirely thrilled about this.

Also, some of you don't know about Lunarama, R and Eric's directory of late- and all- night restaurants. I notice San Diego is not well-represented. This is a hint.