Wednesday, February 01, 2006

All day long I think of things but nothing seems to satisfy

Not much this time, just some pilfered links. It's been a good week for links, I guess.

First, from Jose: A torrent site with movies that are now in the public domain. So you can watch Metropolis, say, or some old Buster Keaton.

Next, from Pinguino: Steam powered robots! Enough said.


A discussion some of us had about role playing games prompted me to check out what's been happening with Paranoia, which was recently revived a in a new and rather improved edition. Here are a couple of relevant blogs I found, one by one of the designers, and another that is, uh, fictional, by the ULTRAVIOLETS of Paranoia-Live. You know, I am not in a position to judge.
Oh and also I found this site, which sells RPG books (including some that are pretty out of print) in pdf format, apparently for quite decent prices. As a matter of fact, this is an idea that Steve Jackson has also been toying with, especially for those books that would've had an unusually small print run.
(And of course all this electronic stuff gives me some small hope that academic publishing is maybe not totally screwed.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home