Wednesday, June 28, 2006

The smell of death surrounds you

Things have been pretty busy here. I went up to UC Davis for a big retreat/meeting thing, which was unbelievably hot (Davis, I mean). Call me crazy, but I am pretty sure the temperature does something to the way things smell. Right before dusk everything would just be overpowering: flowers, asphalt, sweat, perfume, food...every scent had this sort of dizzyingly sweet quality. It was not unlike the poppy scene in The Wizard of Oz. Now I am moving all my stuff from one room into another. My new room is much nicer, but has about 1/3 as much storage space. I am having to get creative.
Also, I have probably shown and/or told most of you about my new phone and its new ringtone. I find it pretty hilarious now, but we'll see if I still feel this way by the end of my two-year contract.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home