Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Just want to ride on my motorsickle

Hm. I fell asleep shortly after 8 last night, and now I'm awake and don't feel tired. Ah, old age.

So, picking up where I left off two entries ago, we will now go further into the Wayback Machine of blog entries never written, and talk about the philosophy and psychiatry meeting back in May or whenever it was. It was a lot of fun, with interesting talks, and I got to say hi to some people and meet a few more.
There's not a lot else to say about it, I guess...it was about race, which I don't know much about, and which sort of pulled together a bunch of themes sort of haphazardly. This is partly because the association presents such a wildly disjointed range of backgrounds and methodologies (this is partly what I love about it), though I suspect that it is also just pretty difficult to have something novel and systematic to say about race and psychiatry nowadays.
Next year's topic, however, sounds awesome: "Political Extremism and Psychopathology," and word is that the 2008 international conference will be on freedom, so I will probably try to attend one or both of these.

I have just learned about something kind of scary. From the food timeline, which in turn comes from Jann, here is an article about Kool-Aid pickles.

I know!

It sounds horrifying. And now I can't stop thinking about them.
I admit, I have been won over by fried pickles, but Kool-Aid pickling is just a completely different kind of atrocity. I try and try to wrap my head around it, but there is just no room in my feeble comprehension for the Kool-Aid pickle.
I'm probably going to have to make some.

4 Comments:

Blogger Jon said...

For the love of all that is holy, say no to Kool-Aid pickles, that is monstrous

I mean they appear to be a food that not even such as Cthulhu would eat

He'd be all "Get that bull shit away from me fhtagn"

YOU KNOW I AM RIGHT

Wed Jul 18, 10:49:00 AM  
Blogger Evan said...

What's that, Cthulhu?

You want me to bring some to comic-con?

You want me to force jon to watch as I poison all of the dumbrella artists with evil pickles??!

Wed Jul 18, 11:01:00 AM  
Blogger Jon said...

Cthulhu informs me that you are now banned from the internet

Wed Jul 18, 12:58:00 PM  
Blogger . said...

man, that article is tooooooo good.

Mon Aug 13, 01:12:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home