Monday, November 14, 2005

Fame, what's your name what's your name

I've been thinking about ways to improve my Spanish listening comprehension. I got some Harry Potter in Spanish, and have also been looking into this whole podcast phenomenon, but have thusfar only found three. I'll see if any of them are worth listening to. There is also BBC Mundo, which is very good, but requires actual work to record and download.

Speaking of which, my iPod's battery seems to be wearing down, so I'm open to suggestions for what to replace it with. Charles has mentioned this monster of a dual-processor Linux platform. Judging from the input thingies, it was obviously designed for games (and can run anything you can emulate), but there's nothing stopping one from using it for mp3s or divx movies or what have you. I will admit, I'm seriously tempted.

Oh also look at this chart, which tracks the frequency of baby names by decade. Evan, for instance, was the 259th most popular boys name in the 70s, and by last year had climbed to 39th place. Hey jerks, stop giving your babies my name. Get your own.

2 Comments:

Blogger . said...

that baby wizard thing is mesmerizing.

Tue Nov 15, 06:10:00 PM  
Blogger Evan said...

Jann: There's no room for homely data on this blog. If it's not eyecandy, it's not worth knowing, that's my motto.

J.-C.: That bzzzpeek thing totally made my day

Mon Nov 21, 12:42:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home