Tuesday, August 01, 2006

and marmalade skies

God dammit, did I just make you read a post about insurance?

I am sorry.


...

I'm mildly chagrined to admit that I've been spending a lot of time at Starbucks. But I get a decent amount of work done there, which these days is worth a buck eighty-five for espresso and whipped cream and the creeping sense of soulless consumerism. They had a booth at Comic-Con, where they were giving out free samples of their fruity blended summer drinks. I tried the Tangerine, which is best described by the following analogy
Starbucks Tangerine Thing:taste :: Bath and Body Works Tangerine Thing:smell

I don't think I'll be trying it again.

Oh right, Comic-Con. I'm pretty sure I promised to talk to you about comics. As you've probably noticed, I never actually follow up on these promises, so I will do that for once.

...Man, now I don't know what to say. I guess I'm not very "bloggy" at this hour
Uh, for now I'll just mention what I've been up to, and later I can talk about one or two of them in detail. Some of them are pretty cool. Thanks to everyone who recommended stuff.

Things I've been reading, in very roughly descending order of quality:
Demo, Top Ten, The Rabbi's Cat, Shatter, Heavy Liquid, Emma Frost, Exiles, Mystique

Other things I got at the con:
Channel Zero, Flight vol 3, Human Target, 100 Bullets

Things I am now idly thinking about getting some of maybe:
More of the above, Watchmen, X-Statix, Sleeper, Goldfish, Doom Patrol, Global Frequency, Astonishing X-Men, Days of Future Past, Project: Superior


Lastly, ok now this is just getting out of hand

1 Comments:

Blogger Matthew J. Brown said...

You can borrow Watchmen from me or Adam if you want. Also, let me know if you get Astonishing X-men.

Sat Aug 05, 02:14:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home