Thursday, September 13, 2007

Roly poly fish heads

Over the last week or two I've been inching my way towards vegetarianism. So far this has mainly involved not (intentionally) buying any more meat than is already in my house. Ever giving up animals entirely is out of the question, if for no other reason than the number of meat-oriented holidays my family celebrates. Even so, inspired partly by Jake's and Jann's eating habits (and partly by the idea that I read about in some place or another of "playing 'internal challenge games' with oneself"), I figure that I can significantly curtail my meat intake when cooking for myself. Really what prompted this though was that thing I do sometimes where I was like "Wow, this heavily seasoned textured vegetable protein is totally like a McRib! How many goodly creature substitutes are there here! How beauteous mankind is! O brave new world that has such soylent green in't"
I have been modestly successful so far. Obstacles include "still hungry" and "wow there's a lot of saturated fat in cheese," but I hope to improve with practice.

Have I linked to Strange Maps before? I don't care, I'm linking it again. Most of them are indeed just kind of strange, but some of them are really great, like the Boston Globe's map of ten electoral regions, or Yates' subway-style Interstate highway map

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home