Sunday, October 07, 2007

Meat-eating orchids forgive no one just yet

So, my ravenous consumption of everything the Internet has to say about steampunk has not yet abated. Indeed, y'all can count yourselves darn lucky if I don't put on some goggles and a cravat and throw a neo-Victorian tea party in a couple weeks for my birthday

HOWEVER

further discussion of this topic has been momentarily preempted by The San Diego International Orchid Fair, which my mother just called to tell me about yesterday. So I went this morning, and it was totally cool. I made sure to charge my camera's batteries overnight, but then when I got there, it wasn't working. Boo to that. But yay to my otherwise very crappy cameraphone doing a surprisingly good job in its place. I uploaded all the pictures I took here (I hope I'm doing this flickr thing right), and some of them are pretty decent. If you don't have the patience to look through all of them, here are four of my favorites.
These were all from the show, which was a little smaller than I expected, but still really neat. And then there were a bunch of vendors. Oh, the vendors. I have way too many cattleyas now.
Also orchid people are very polite and pleasant, and not all weird like one might expect.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home