Friday, September 21, 2007

And she only sleeps when it's raining

I'm sick right now. My compromised immune system appears to be one of the many consequences of my insufficient meat intake, along with insomnia, indigestion, severe crankiness, and possibly leprosy.
Anyways, I went to bed at 6pm, and woke up a few hours ago and can't sleep (I suppose I'll try the sleeping early thing again tonight when my body suddenly realizes I've been up for 18 hours). So I ate and did dishes, and read another chapter of Alison Bechdel's Fun Home (which is so good. it's sad and vivid and literary, and I just can't get enough of it), and now I'm complaining to the internet.

My yoga classes have started up again. So that's nice.
...Sometimes I mention things in my blog and belatedly realize that I don't actually have anything to say about them

I was recently wondering what happened to my old Marvel Super Heroes RPG books, when suddenly I found a whole bunch of them on the Internet. Exciting! My friend Joe, who was a major early geek influence on me now that I think about it, got me into it in high school, and though I only played a few times, it is the first (and arguably only) role-playing game that I really learned the rules to.
Oh speaking of which, you've probably heard about the upcoming release of D&D edition 4.0. I remain cynically open minded about the possibility that there is some use in such a thing; the best argument I've heard so far is that it is necessary to clear out all the rules- and supplement- cruft that has accumulated in 3.x. We'll see. Oh also Starcraft the board game is out, but it sounds far too complicated to convince anyone to ever play it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home