Wednesday, November 14, 2007

It's not supposed to happen like that

Thanks to Nethack, I now think of eating meat as "violating my alignment." Thanks, Nethack.

...Er, apropos of nothing, it turns out that Tommy's makes better milkshakes than you might expect.

Oh, also I went to the dentist recently for the first time in too long. The good news is that my teeth are totally healthy. The bad news is that they're a little too healthy...I was half hoping for them to say "thank God you came in when you did; they're okay now, but you need to improve your clearly terrible habits." I received no such ominous news, but am going to try to floss anyways, if only so I won't momentarily feel bad about lying the next time I see them. Oh, and the dentist thinks I should probably get my lower wisdom teeth out, so I'm gonna talk to an oral surgeon about that.


Last weekend's concert was pretty good. Some observations:
-Goddamn was I ever surrounded by children.
-The children were also very strangely dressed. Some appeared to be going to the prom afterwards, others, to their ballet recital. A common motif was the serious misuse of a single article of clothing: an apron, a hat, a pair of socks, not to mention the various undergarments. The prefix is important there, people.
-Many of them had cameras, and occasionally they would record video of the band, but mostly they took pictures. Of themselves. Watching the band. I blame that FaceSpace, or whatever it is the kids are using these days.

As for the actual show, I enjoyed it. Of Montreal sounds very different live, which shouldn't have surprised me, but did slightly. The vocals could have been clearer, but it lent to the interestingly unpolished overall effect, which I think now adds to my overall perspective on them. Also there were lots of lights and peculiar video displays and all sorts of insane theatrics, for example, when a tiger-headed guy in coattails got into a slow motion fistfight during "October is Eternal."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home