Wednesday, November 07, 2007

You make my heart sing

Not much is going on in my life. Another of my orchids has started to bloom, which is pretty exciting news, since it means I'm not necessarily killing at least one of them. Expect pictures.
I'm a little bit worn out these days, which is probably partly seasonal, and probably partly a sign that I'm not doing enough exercising or yoga. Or piano, for that matter, which I find has similar effects on my energy and clarity. I'm mentioning it here because I hope that makes me more likely to do these things. Ask me how it's been going the next time you see me. Hopefully the possibility of shame will have galvanized me into action.

I finished The Picture of Dorian Gray last week. It's an excellent book, and, what's more, it inspired what I consider one of my better halloween costumes. (Face transformation software here--the age stuff is okay, though I'm more entertained by the manga and TG ones, perhaps unsurprisingly). Now I just started reading the transcript from Oscar Wilde's first trial, which also looks to be a good read in various ways.

And, oh yeah, devoted readers of my comments may be wondering how the anime club went. It was nice. I met some pleasant people, and we watched, in addition to the steampunk thing, an episode of Avatar: The Last Airbender. The latter was cute enough, but the former is already pretty darn engrossing. In addition to good action sequences, it has catchy, unique and occasionally appropriate music, and a plot that begs for a cliffnotes version--in short, all that a good anime should have.

Speaking of television, I don't suppose anyone is interested in watching the new season of Project Runway with me a week from today? Anyone? Look, you watch stupid TV shows too, okay

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home