Sunday, January 20, 2008

to color in the cold grey night

Jeez, sorry it's been weeks since my last update; work's been keeping me pretty busy/tired. As I may have mentioned, sometimes undergrads work in our lab as an independent study thing, and as of this quarter, I'm in charge of three of them. Since each is there for fifteen hours a week, I basically have to find twice as much work to do, and be able to outsource half of it according to their respective schedules. It's extremely taxing; after an initial period of stress and not knowing what to do, I got to be pretty on top of things, but man does it still take a lot out of me. It continues to get easier, though, so we'll see. For now, my sleep, eating, blogging, and everything else schedules are all still kind of screwy.

In keeping with my current erratic eating habits (and new toaster), I've been consuming a fair amount of toast, and have therefore accumulated a decent variety of toppings. My favorite is this English stuff called Lemon Curd, made from lemon, eggs, butter, and sugar. Eating it is a little bit of a struggle; as I stand there munching on my toast, I enjoy the taste, but remain hauntingly aware of just how perilously close it is to hollandaise. There is a special kind of angst associated with eating sweetened hollandaise on toast and liking it.

I still have the two packs of Tim Tams that Stuart sent me, and am thinking about throwing a coffee/tea(?)/hot chocolate related get-together next weekend so that people can help me eat them.

2 Comments:

Blogger Matthew J. Brown said...

(this is actually Sabrina, but the computer seems to think I am Mattbrown...?)

I like Tim Tams and Coffee. I'd come.

I really like toast with a nice goat cheese on it.

Fri Jan 25, 10:40:00 PM  
Blogger Evan said...

Cool. An email is currently being drafted.

Also wow I have severely underexplored the savory possibilities that toast has to offer

Tue Feb 05, 03:18:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home