Tuesday, December 11, 2007

I wa-wa-wa-wa-wonder

Friday was my coworker Christine's last day; she's off traveling the world. It's a little intimidating to be the only lab assistant; I've had to learn lots of new administrative procedures, new responsibilities, and nobody to ask for help who doesn't have a Ph.D. I'll manage.

Phaedra and I went wine tasting for her (belated) birthday. Did you know the Whole Foods in Irvine puts on wine tastings? And that it is the hugest Whole Foods in the known (by me) universe?
It was fun.

Also I have been reading a lot of Runaways lately. It starts off a little slow, but I'm really liking it now. It's just like the quintessential comic book, generally fun and lighthearted, with lots of funny superhero quips, a certain amount of self-aware camp, and the requisite surprises, drama and occasional teen angst. Also BKV does a really good job of making the Marvel Universe feel like it plausibly fits in with the real world. Unfortunately he has handed it over to Joss Whedon for six issues, followed by Terry Moore, so I don't really know how that's going to go.

More links, one from Jess, one from Clara, and one from...somewhere, possibly Aether Emporium

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home