Wednesday, March 26, 2008

I have scaled these city walls only to be with you

I had a really good Easter weekend. It started with a delicious ham and potato salad meal (and a modest easter egg hunt) with the family. Next I hung out in Silverlake with Jann, drinking tea and browsing comics, and then went out for excellent Thai food and a show with my old college buddy George (who flew out this week with his lady friend for a visit) and Vi. The Rippers, among others, were performing; I enjoyed it. They were kind of berserk, which George suggested is a European thing.
It may also be that they are not entirely representative of the sort of genre I usually go see, but either way, there was more spitting in that one show than probably all the others I've seen combined. Seriously, I don't think I am physically capable of expectorating that much.

Enough about that.

On Sunday we went out to Joshua Tree, which neither George nor I had been to before. This is surprising, since it's kind of a thing that one does at Pomona. It was cooler than I expected; aside from the eponymous trees, there were some really impressive rocks to climb on, and the Cholla Garden was really cool; it was just this vast sea of the nasty little beggars, which are pretty neat to look at, even though they mostly weren't flowering yet. Then we unexpectedly ended up at Pappy and Harriet's, where we had more good food, saw the Thriftstore Allstars, and generally had a good time.

I was planning to postpone my next big board game purchase until summer, when FFG will be releasing its edition of Cosmic Encounter, and the Red Dragon Inn sequel (among other things) will be coming out, but having played Arkham Horror last week, I'm not sure I can wait.


Oh and speaking of religious figures who come back from the dead, here's something James showed me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home