Wednesday, November 30, 2005

and I can't hold out forever / even walls fall down

This title took a little while to come up with; little did I realize how many wall-related songs I've foolishly squandered.

So yeah, uh, walls. Pretty awesome. I could use a few more, but that's not really the point right now. The point is to talk about what I hang on my walls. Not much at the moment, because I'm bad about remembering to decorate, but I've been kicking around a few ideas:

1) maps. so many maps.
1a) I got a cold war era silk escape map of France and Spain that is pretty sweet and just dying to be hung up somewhere.
1b) Color maps of the local mass transit. For some reason I have this overpowering urge to print them onto transparencies and hang them on a clothesline.
1c) Also I would not totally turn up my nose at a big old Star Control hyperspace map. Have I subjected you to my Star Control rant yet, blog? Its time will come.
1ci) Wait, er, this is no longer a wall thing, but this talk of stars and maps and such reminded me of this doodad, which is pretty badass.

2) There is a utility with a not entirely polite name that will blow up and rasterize an image which you can then print out onto several sheets of paper and do up all poster-style. Check out the samples, some of them are pretty sweet. I was thinking I'd do one of a structural MRI of the brain. A purple one. Come to think of it I guess this is also a map of sorts. Well gosh. I'm just Mister Maps On My Walls, aren't I?

3) Oh yeah well I guess some comic-related art and this one Earle painting I got. Man whatever I dunno. I'm still a little bit hung up on this whole map thing. I'll uh, talk to you later I guess.

(oh but P.S. I did just order a few new games that look fairly ultraradtacular. Consider yourselves warned.)

2 Comments:

Blogger Matthew J. Brown said...

This way to the galactic core.

Wed Nov 30, 09:45:00 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Since this is nerd central, I'll add my own $2 - "Walls!"

(That's what Tellah shouts in the bad English translation of Final Fantasy 4, just before Palom and Porom turn themselves to stone.)

Thu Dec 01, 12:26:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home