Monday, November 21, 2005

I love to work at nothing all day

Wow, I was really getting into posting at a regular clip, but now I guess I've gone and lapsed a bit. With good reason, though; things have been absurdly busy around here. I spent Wednesday and Thursday in Berkeley, rallying against the UC's ongoing fee increases (and, much like the Regents, expending bunches of money in questionable ways...in my case at the amoeba, game store, bookstore, goodwill, etc.), then it was back down here, grabbing my newly repaired computer and car and racing up to Santa Ana for Phaedra's birthday and notification of my impending unclehood (which some of you have appropriately acknowledged as just a massive freaking deal, and others of you have not), then back to San Diego in time for another birthday, this time Amanda's, celebrated with karaoke and complications, and Sunday is spent on homework and preparing a lesson plan, just now got back from school, and then tomorrow it's back up to LA for Deerhoof and the start of Thanksgiving weekend, which, as I was telling Shannon, is a whole big thing in itself. For some reason, my family has been accumulating Thanksgiving traditions like mad, so I have to get ready for the traditional cornbread and beans pre-dinner, the Black Friday sushi-fest, the now-celebrated-on-a-Saturday Thanksgiving itself, etc.
Man...if one of my students had written a paragraph like that, there would be punishments

oh and hey. I think this was my first entirely autobiographical post, not counting the meta crap of my earlier entries. Wheee. I probably won't do a lot of these, but I wanted to stay in the posting groove, and this seemed like an appropriate way of letting people know what all I've been up to.

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

What did you pick up at Amoeba?

Tue Nov 22, 02:02:00 AM  
Blogger Evan said...

Heh, uh nothing fancy:

Green Cosmos
Monster
Something by the Go-Betweens
This weird Electronic Tango comp which I was 90% sure would be pretty bad, but oh man what if it wasn't (it was)
and really cheap copies of Lawrence of Arabia and It's a Mad Mad Mad Mad World

Tue Nov 22, 07:54:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home