Friday, December 02, 2005

Live your life filled with joy and thunder

I just realized that in my last entry I used the phrase "pretty sweet" not once, but twice. This seems like the sort of thing that demands an apology. Sorry, readers. That was pretty unsweet of me.

I said a lot in that post, so now I don't have much today. Need to pace myself better. So, what've I got for you? This thing here might prove very modestly diverting. How many band name puns can you find? Hm. Okay, that wasn't so great, unless maybe you are a recovering Highlights addict or something. Uh, I guess I could say something about these new games I mentioned?

Mystery in the Abbey is this cool Faidutti game that is like what Clue would have been if it were designed by God himself. Or maybe not; I don't know how God feels about the premise of monks killing each other. But you play a monk detective, and ask people questions, and it is kind of what that TV show "Monk" would be like if it were about actual monks, and not just some guy named Monk. Come to think of it, maybe it is more like Brother Cadfael. I don't know. Stop looking at me.

Betrayal at Some House Or Another Whose Exact Name Escapes Me At The Moment is this campy horror movie cliche game with roleplaying elements.

Ideology is not unlike a cross between Diplomacy and Illuminati. I like the idea, but don't know how it works out in practice.

etc.

I hear that Monk show is pretty good, actually. Should probably check it out.

Oh wait, I just remembered: here is some stuff that is good. Jann showed me this orchid painting exhibit. Pretty dang impressive. These two are probably my favorites. Oh and talk of flower pictures reminds me that I probably haven't linked to Gabe's site yet. So there you go.

2 Comments:

Blogger Matthew J. Brown said...

So Mystery in the Abbey is basically The Name of the Rose?

Fri Dec 02, 02:02:00 PM  
Blogger Evan said...

Er...
Yes, I forgot about that.
In fact, come to think of it, the author may have explicitly made that comparison.

I like mine better.

Fri Dec 02, 04:08:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home