Wednesday, December 14, 2005

Plastic tubes and pots and pans

Running music update: The Flaming Lips fared surprisingly well, and my theory and I exchanged enthusiastic high fives. Mine is a progressive research program! Next I will investigate the effect of F location and density within a band name. Does the Arcade Fire perform at chance, or as well as "genuine" F bands, or somewhere in between? Have I finally found some use for the Fiery Furnaces? Only science will tell!

Speaking of, what the hell. What. The. Hell.
(thanks to Jann for bringing this particular horror to my attention)

Hey, does anyone here know of a good rum? I recently acquired a bottle of this stuff, much to my delight, but not being much of a rum person, my knowledge of what to mix it with (as in the appetizingly-named "Corn 'n Oil") is somewhat limited. I don't even know what kind of rum is appropriate, though I am guessing dark (how does that rule go? dark rum with light mixers, and vice versa?).
Oh and in case y'all were looking for the only nonterrible acrylic cocktail shaker ever made (and I can't imagine why you wouldn't be), I have found it. The only thing cooler would be cocktail shakers made out of this stuff. It could do the same job, but be only one inch thick...I'm afraid we're a number of years too early for that, it'd take years to figure out the dynamics of this matrix, nuclear wessels, etc.

2 Comments:

Blogger Evan said...

man I think I am becoming more musically pretentious by the hour

Wed Dec 14, 12:12:00 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

The only thing I've found the Fiery Furnaces good for is triggering a weird sort of reverse guilty pleasure. Well, that and writing papers.

My preferred rum is Bacardi Special Dark. But I'm not much of a rum person either.

Wed Dec 14, 02:24:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home